Wednesday, November 10, 2010

It's that Age Thing

"It's that age thing," explained the medical assistant as she was taking a blood sample this morning. I laughed and laughed telling her she had just given me another post idea for my blog! I was about to have a CT scan as follow-up to surgery I had in July. When I asked what it was for she said, "It's the age thing," and explained anyone over 60 has to have a blood draw first to make sure the kidneys will get rid of contrast dye administered during the procedure. I passed the test, but never thought I wouldn't.
In fact, I don't think of myself as an age. I often have to subtract my birth year from the current year to remember how old I am. I know some of you are saying, It's that age thing. No really! I'm not an age, I'm a person who is blessed with good health, lots of energy and - Oh my goodness - so much to do! My daughters recently gave me the compliment of a lifetime. They said, "Mom, you make old not look so old any more." What a difference! At age 5, my youngest daughter, Kendall, loudly proclaimed on my 40th birthday, "Mom, you're ancient!" See - I'm getting younger, not older.

Because of photography, I've met a lot of wonderful "classic" women 60 and older who are vibrant, full of life and ready to do things in their lives they may not have had a chance to do earlier on. Pictured here are women who fit the description. They range from 60 to over 90 years young. You can see more pictures of these beautiful women and many others in the Families, Children & Pets Album at bonniekingphotography.com.

No comments: