Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Low Down on MowTowne

I'm embarrassed to admit that I am a Master Gardener Intern. Ten weeks of classes earlier this year and about 100 hours of volunteer time in 2010 and look at how my own yard suffered! My passion for photography, taking classes, life events, and lots of rain got the upper hand in the past few months.

The good news is that I met John Towne (253-219-9246) in the Master Gardener classes. My son-in-law Ron decided to get out of the business, so I called on John to help me play catch-up with my yard. Given the wonderful job that he and Shane did, I've asked him to contact me about a contract after the first of the year. John has been in the business since he was 12, mowing the neighbors' lawns. He paid his way in college with money from landscaping jobs and finally a year and a half ago, he decided to invest in the business and make a go of it. He is doing very well and I know why. His work is professional, his rates are reasonable and he's just a really nice guy. You can see more pictures of his work on his Facebook page - John Towne.

I use certain locations in our yard as backdrops for photo shoots, so I really want to keep it up. Here are the before and after photos.

Take a look at some of the couples' pictures under Families, Children & Pets on my photo web site and you'll see how the yard has been used as a backdrop: bonniekingphotography.com

No comments: