Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Leaving on a Fast Plane...

But I do know when I'll be back again. Remember that Peter Paul and Mary song?

I'm doing it - taking a vacation. The last time may have been my honeymoon about 17 years ago! And the last time I was in Hawaii was at least 18 years ago. My sister, Lore, invited me to go with her to the big island of Hawaii on the Kona Coast. We leave Wednesday morning at 6 am. Scott gets to be the chauffeur as well as the house husband responsible for feeding pets and himself, I hope. (He has this tendency to eat nothing but Dave's Killer Bread, if I'm not around). I've asked our daughters to please call and check on him to make sure he's taking his meds, feeding the animals and himself. I'm only gone for a week, so hopefully no man or animal will starve before I get back. I'll be calling every night too, you can bet.

In the meantime, I'm trying to figure out how to pack all my camera gear, presents for my grandniece on her first birthday, my clothes, etc. in one carry on suitcase with total dimensions of 45 inches and no more than 40 pounds. The hair dryer has to stay home, but my three favorite lenses have to go.

This weekend I used one of those favorite lenses to take photos of the Maloney twins tenth month of life. I also created some flyers for a friend of mine, found time to take location shots for a wedding shoot on the 5th of March and I think I'm  getting a cold. Have been downing the vitamin C and drinking more water, but if I have to get one, no better place to bake it out of me than Hawaii, don't cha think.

I hope to bring back some sunshine. If that doesn't happen, I'll bring back lots of photos. In the meantime, enjoy the photos I've taken recently. More of the Maloney twins tenth month of life can be seen at BonnieKingPhotography.com

No comments: