Tuesday, April 19, 2011

String Algae Be Gone!

Graig Grip is one of the nicest guys you could hope to meet. And I've been meeting him in my front yard at least once or twice a year since the installation of my water feature. Graig's company, Living Waters Garden Market, is the one I've entrusted with the care of my water falls, pond and bubbling rocks.

He and his new sidekick, Rick, were here today to work their magic and get the ugly, murky, string algae-filled water feature back to its once pristine state. They managed to do just that. I can actually see my six remaining goldfish! I thought for sure they had been strangled in the mass of green, slimy stuff. Craig did not find the remains of the four missing goldfish, so we can only assume they became a heron's dinner.

Thanks to my son-in-law, Ron, who earlier this year gave me an ionizer for the pond - my problems with the algae growth should be lessened. Craig and Rick installed that too and left me with Pond Perfect to keep the water clear and Algaefix, as an added precaution against various types of algae. Who knew that stuff would thrive through the winter. Craig said they probably removed 40 pounds of it! They also pressure washed the pond, completely cleaned the skimmer and checked for leaks. This is a very thorough team.

Here is information from their website. Contact Living Waters Garden Market, if you need a great company to help you add interest to your yard.

Living Waters is a homegrown, home based business, operated by the husband & wife team of Craig & Leeann Grip. Living Waters is located in Edgewood, Washington, at the base of the North Hill of Puyallup. Finding them is part of the fun, our low prices and wonderful customer service make us worth the effort.

We offer consulting, design and installation of water features. We also service & repair existing ponds. Whether your dream is a pond, waterfall, stream, or maybe you require assistance with an existing project, we can help.  Our store  features several display ponds as well as a large selection of aquatic plants and fish. We carry everything for the do-it-yourself pond builder from complete kits to a single component. We have the professional advice to make your water feature dream a reality!  For more information, click on http://www.livingwatersgardenmarket.com/  BonnieKingPhotography.com

No comments: