Friday, March 4, 2011

One of Those Weeks

I had hoped to start writing  sooner than this about the Hawaiian vacation with my sister, but this past week got in the way.

Scott was able to pick me up from my sister's in Tukwila on Thursday afternoon. Her 45 degree driveway had sufficiently melted off and the other roads were clear. Friday was just a day to enjoy being home and write about our harrowing arrival. Then came Saturday. Scott decided to initiate a "lava flow" of his own. This was the first time I'd ever known him to upchuck his cookies - correction - Dave's Killer Bread. He said it was the first time he'd been that sick in 30 years! I won't go into a lot of detail about his accompanying distress.

By noon his blood pressure had dropped to a point I couldn't get a decent reading, so we both decided it was time to call the first responders. I called. They arrived very quickly with two fire trucks and at least six strong young men. (Anyone under 55 is young to me these days). Maybe there were more; they just kept coming in the door - all to our dog Bella's delight. One of the firemen from Puyallup remembered having taken Scott to the hospital a couple years ago. I let him know he had been doing very well up to my coming home from Hawaii!

Tuesday, four days and lots of intravenous fluids later, Scott came home, worn out, but feeling better. I would normally have driven the six blocks to Good Sam to pick him up, but I had to call on Ron and Courtney, with Ben in tow, to do the job. The day before, I started throwing up and feeling terrible. It was my turn. Thanks hubby, for the welcome home smooches!

My bout with the flu was shorter lived, but left me having to cancel meetings and catch up on Oprah and a couple of the Oscar nominated movies. Also gave me great cause to stay in my fetching (not sure what it's supposed to fetch.) nightgown, maintain my bed-head coif and not feel guilty napping in the middle of the day. As of yesterday, I pulled myself together to get out of the house and buy some new memory cards for my camera. My first wedding shoot happens tomorrow. (Should a photographer admit to firsts? Oh well... I just did. Weddings were something I wasn't going to do, but now I've agreed to three of them!)

Today, my friend Shelly and I visited the church where the wedding will be held to discuss the logistics of posing 11 groups of people, ranging in sizes from two to 19. That's the number of people in each group, not their sizes. I know I'm not always as clear with my descriptions as I should be. After we left the church, we were discussing the possibility of moving pedestals with flowers on them so they won't distract from the people in the picture. I made the comment, "We can move them. They're not too heavy." Shelly thought I meant the people! That was good for a roar when we got on the same page.

Needless to say, it's been one of those weeks. I will be posting about my Hawaiian adventures soon - I hope. BonnieKingPhotography.com

No comments: