Sunday, December 26, 2010

Smart Fortwo

I drive this little guy called a Smart Fortwo. We've had it for two years and it definitely is the car that generates more smiles to the mile. When not thinking about which vehicle I'm driving (every retired couple needs three vehicles don't you think?), I'll see other drivers or folks on the sidewalk smiling and pointing and wonder what it is about me that's so special. Then I wake up and realize, it's not me - it's the car. Oh well...

There are more Smart Cars in the Seattle area than in South Puget Sound. Perhaps it's because South Center is the location of the only dealership in four states. Or perhaps drivers less fearless than we, are afraid to drive one this far south. I've seen a couple around Puyallup and when we spot each other, there's an immediate common bond, a honk, a wave, an instant brother/sisterhood. We'd probably be sharing phone numbers, family pictures, and setting up coffee dates, if it weren't for the fact we're driving in opposite directions.

It's not unusual for me to put on a quick Smart Car seminar wherever I park and make eye contact with someone and the ask how I like it. "I love it! Can't beat the parking. I haven't tried backing into the curb, but it's one of those things on my bucket list." I'm always asked about the gas mileage. "Over 40 miles to the gallon. This is the car I almost run out of gas because it's so long between fill-ups and I'm very fast at the gas pump. Only takes 8 gallons."

"Do you really take it on the freeway and aren't you afraid you'll get run over?" I respond that we really drive it on the freeway - even all the way to Seattle. Drivers can't stand being behind me on the inside lane even when I'm doing the speed limit - which is unusual. I usually speed. There's something about this little car leading the pack that promotes an alpha male response. They have to get around and ahead of me. I move over.

We've been thinking about having the little guy "wrapped" to help advertise. Something creative and as unforgettable as the car. What do you think about the Sumo example? Catchy! Not sure how it equates to the photography business, but it would definitely make an impression, don't you think? And by the way, this vehicle can carry heavy cargo!

On the other hand, looks like I'll be getting into the wedding photography business in 2011. We may just have to get another little vehic (the short version of vehicle) so we'll have a bride and a groom.

Suggestions for a vehicle wrap for us? Want a ride? Give me a call, leave a comment here or email: bonnieleeking@msn.com
www.BonnieKingPhotography.com

No comments: