Monday, November 22, 2010

Nana B, Ben & Snow!

8:00 am. This is my first official day as Nana B! I did take care of Benjamin two pounds ago (he's now 14 lbs at two months old), but with supervision from his dad. Ron had undergone a medical procedure October 18th and was too whoozzy to be lifting the baby while Courtney was at work. I volunteered to play Nana for Ron and Ben. With slurred speech and half open eyes, Ron made sure I did everything just right, particularly the swaddling - which according to the book, Happiest Baby on the Block, is one of the five secrets to maintaining new parent sanity. 

Today, I'm on my own. Scott will be here, but you can bet he won't be hovering over the diaper changes. And to mark this auspicious occasion, it snowed yesterday. We still have a skiff (love that word) on the ground, so I'll be letting Ron and Ben in through the lower level garage door (whoops, we call it our "studio"). Ben and I will be playing in my office all day. Of course, he'll have many pictures taken by the grandma photographer.

11:00 am. More snow! Ron spun his way up the driveway and into the neighbor's yard before stopping. Ben was nonchalant about the snow thing, but was definitely up for a bottle - right away! Ron left for his appointment. It was Ben, bottle, picture taking (lots) and rocking by grandpa Scott and me.

He's growing so fast, his hair can't keep up. A month ago, he had lots. Now, he's looking more like dad every day - receding hairline.    


Noon. Ben proved to be a great model for his 2 month pictures. When he was four days old, I took a picture of him in the basket. My how the basket has shrunk!

2:30 pm. They left. Ron wanted to get home before it got icy again. Ben was not in the mood to sleep once his dad got back. He was too busy listening to our conversation, wondering who the big dog (Bella) sniffing him was, taking in all the new sights and thinking about the snow day he'd spent with grandma.

8:00 pm. Snow.
More pictures of Ben at bonniekingphotography.com

No comments: