Sunday, November 8, 2015

The End of An Era

This post is the last one for Bonnie King Photography: As I See It.

My passions have changed, encouraged by medical issues - both mine and my husband's. A torn tendon in my ankle has had me limping for over a year. Physical therapy and a brace have certainly helped, but the thought of chasing little ones around a park or being on my feet for an all day wedding assignment is no longer enticing. I will continue to do special events and favors for those who pull on my heart strings, but other than that, the business is closed.

Scott is now occupying my in-home photography studio. It gives him better access to his hobbies, walk-in bathtub and me. I spend so much time now in front of my office computer in the next room, I'm just a whisper away. That's a good and bad thing. He's addicted to national news shows and politics in particular. I'm getting it all - and there's still a year till elections! Shutting the door doesn't help.

The past year, as they all seem to do, flew by. The remodel of the kitchen, upstairs bathroom and utility room took months. Getting an expensive dining room table with a butterfly leaf to work also took most of that time. Ridiculous, but I do love the results now that it's fixed. The whole upstairs looks great. Now, if I could just get Scott back upstairs to see it!

Courtney, Ron and Ben moved to Montana in March (she dabs at her tears), and Kendall, Jon, Micah and Gracie settled in nicely in their new home in Bonney Lake. While I'm seeing far less of grandson Ben (have only seen him three times since they left), I'm seeing more of Micah and Gracie. Kendall's working part time for a university, so I'm babysitting one afternoon a week. Love it.

The passions that now have my interest include Friends At Your Metro Animal Shelter (FAYMAS) and writing the story of my father's youth in the 1920's and '30's. FAYMAS has been ongoing for a couple years and we're making wonderful progress raising money to help the animals at the local shelter.

And finally, I'm making progress on Cat Skinner, the story of a working stiff who experiences love and loss in the '30's. With the help of friends, this story may finally come to fruition. Not wanting to lose the story behind the writing of the story, I've launched a new website, Fair to Middlin': Confessions of a Wannabe Writer. www.fairtomiddlinconfessions.blogspot.com

While this blog is closing, another is opening - and so it goes with my life. I am blessed.

No comments: