Saturday, October 22, 2011

Vicks VapoRub

They've taken the sting out of Vicks VapoRub! Remember the days when you resisted putting the grease on your nose because you knew it would burn like crazy. And the chest rub - not quite so bad, but the vapors would fill the entire room for hours!

It's not like that anymore. I know. My grandson, Micah, shared his personal Petri dish of microorganisms with me this week. Bless his little heart. It's been awhile since my nose has run like a faucet. My self care since yesterday included lots of Kleenex, water, VapoRub thanks to daughter, Courtney, who dropped by with Vicks, cough drops and TheraFlu. I had already taken another cold remedy too.

Due to a drug induced stupor, I also sat at my computer yesterday and opened a Twitter account! What was I thinking!! I wasn't. I was curious about all the hoopla from twits who tweet - and now I am one! I not only don't know what to do with it, but couldn't figure out how to tweet someone, when I want to. But between yesterday and today, I already have two followers, a woman from Ohio and one from Iowa and they don't look like they just came off the farm! Maybe it's because I mentioned glamour photography in my bio.

Even reading the information about how Twitter can help businesses, I'm not sure I see the value since most of my photography business is generated by referrals (bless you) or folks looking for local photographers. Oh well, I'll be asking my grandniece, Dori, to give me a lesson or two or more. I really need one more thing to keep me from what I should be doing. Not.

Lesson: Beware of the decisions you make when your nose is running, you're taking drugs, and you try the new version of VapoRub. Can lead to some interesting and inexplicable connections! BonnieKingPhotography.com

No comments: