Friday, November 5, 2010

Senior Housing Assistance Group (SHAG)

This past year, I've had the privilege of taking pictures of Senior Housing Assistance Group apartment residents. I've met some very interesting and fun people. My friend Shannon, on the left, is one of those people. She's become my "agent" at Boardwalk II in Olympia helping to promote the photo days. While Shannon and I knew each other before we both retired from state service, we've become even better friends since then. 

Shannon is pictured here with her "sister" Pat. Since they're mistaken for each other, the two decided to call one another sister and have fun with it. When I was there on Thursday, we all decided it would be a good time to photograph the sassy sisters. When I asked them to tilt their heads closer together, Pat told Shannon she was going to get her cooties. That started it. They couldn't stop laughing. You would have thought they were school girls, not great grandmothers. I love this work! You can learn more about SHAG at www.housing4seniors.com. See more photos of classic men and women on my photo website, bonniekingphotography.com

No comments: